Basketball England (BE) has produced a Return To Play guidance.
As the Government starts to ease social distancing measures, it has been compiled with the input of all departments at Basketball England, including the Sports Science and Medicine Team, led by Chief Medical Officer Dr Dane Vishnubala.
BE has consulted with members, clubs, stakeholders, other sports, higher education institutions, research sectors and Sport England in order to plot a phased, flexible way forward for the sport based on an agile response to the developing Government advice.
The guidance features levels from five down to zero, which align with Government’s social distancing rules.
We have moved into Level Three, with Level Zero being a full return to unrestricted basketball in England, when that is possible.
The Roadmap levels are as shown below:
Due to the current situation with Covid-19, it is with great sadness that we have taken a decision to cancel this year’s Summer Camp.
Following on from the initial announcement by Basketball England to suspend basketball activities for 2 weeks. Last week they made an updated announcement that basketball activities will be suspended until further notice.
In light of this and also the recent government announcements to close schools, gyms and Leisure Centres along with pubs etc.
This means that there will be no sessions for quite a few months. We will advise as and when we can about any updates.
As well as no sessions the following will be impacted:
- U17 CVL (29th March) – OFF
- U11 JCVL (17th May) – OFF
- Club Presentation Evening (6th June) – likely to be off and maybe re-scheduled
- Team registrations (14th June) for next season – delay to when we have a better idea of things
These are unprecedented times and following the address to the nation by the Prime Minister last night (23rd March).
We urge all club members to please follow government guidelines – Be Safe, Stay at home, unless it is for the reasons advised by the government.
HAWKS PARTICIPANTS (TEAM AND NON-TEAM)/PARENTS – In the event that anyone has the symptoms of the virus then please follow the procedure given in the initial post about suspending basketball activities for 2 weeks.
Following a communication just received from Basketball England with regards to the CoronaVirus Outbreak, all Hawks sessions will be suspended from Saturday 14th March – initially for a 2 week period (but could change and updates will be posted as and when). The communication sent out by Basketball England is posted below.
For teams players – there maybe questions regarding subs, these will be addressed\communicated once we have spoken to venues etc.
HAWKS PARTICIPANTS (TEAM AND NON-TEAM)/PARENTS – In the event that anyone has the symptoms of the virus then please follow the procedure below so that the club can ensure that its members are aware of any positive instances:
- Follow the NHS \ Government guidelines regarding corona virus
- Inform either the Club Welfare Officer – Shelly on 07952 446 865 or Club Head Coach Shab on 07958 470 133, so that they can monitor the situation
- In the event of a positive instance senior session participants for the session will be informed. If the instance involves a junior player then the parents of players of the relevant session/s will be advised. NOTE – we are unlikely to name the individual from the session
As a club we appreciate your cooperation. Stay safe.